Elevate your Fitness Experience
Welcome to EvokeMotion Progressive & Holistic Workouts.
Our ambition is to have our Healthy Body and Mind sessions accessible and motivating to beginners and regular trainers alike.
During the sessions, we provide various types of workouts covering the 4 bodily aspects to fitness:
- Muscle Group Toning
Please take note of the following guidelines to be able to maximise your experience, boost motivation and avoid injuries.
Warm Up / Cool Down
- Always build up your heart rate gently and bring it down gently.
- Generally, we warm up as a group, and sometimes it is led by the coach. If you're not sure, don't hesitate to ask what the instructor has in mind.
- At the end of the workout, grab your drink and then join the coach ASAP to avoid the heart rate slowing down too much before the cool down. Don't worry about clearing away until the instructor asks for help.
- We always have a good stretch at the end.
- Time will be allocated throughout the session to take on water. However, feel free to grab a drink at any time.
Manage Your Body Temperature
- Dress according to the weather / environment.
- Wear layers that can be removed as body temperature increases. Don't forget gloves for cold weather, and a hat can be useful both in the cold and in the hot.
- Slow down your effort level on a hot day to prevent overheating.
Be Attentive and Share Concerns
- Take time to "listen carefully" to the coach whilst the session is being explained, even if you are a regular exerciser.
- Inform the instructors if you have a history of any medical condition or are recovering from an injury. Training options / techniques can often be adapted to accommodate this.
- Nearly all of the exercises have low, medium and high difficulty levels. If you're not a regular participant, start at the "lowest" difficulty level (e.g. fast walking rather than running). You can always push harder towards the end if you have the energy.
- Note that different sports use different muscle groups, and, even if you do regular sports, the sessions may still be tiring, so start slow and build up gradually.
- For some types of workouts there will be optional "High Intensity Training" (H.I.T.) exercises. It's advised "not” to move to this level until at least after 6 sessions. Typically, the instructor will encourage you to start these when they believe you're ready.
- Match your breathing pattern to your pace, and why not use the beat of the music to help your technique and motivation.
Use Correct Technique
- The coach will be working to help with posture and technique to avoid injuries and maximise the efficiency of each exercise. Take this advice into account.
- When the instructor is not doing an exercise, look around at others who seem comfortable with the method for guidance.
- If you're not sure of the correct technique for an exercise, quickly get the attention of the instructor so it can be demonstrated.
- "Listen to your body". If it doesn't feel right, you're probably doing it wrong.
And Last but Not Least
Remember to “have fun”, and if you have ideas, concerns or feedback, don't hesitate to contact the instructor.
Additional Rules Associated with Covid 19 Pandemic
- Any adverse health signs do not attend the session (e.g. high temperature, sore throat...).
- Masks are to be worn on approach to the workout area. Remove mask when you have taken your space and are at least 2m from other participants. Put on your mask at the end of the workout.
- Place a towel over your training mat.
- Sterilise equipment before and after use (spray will be provided).
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or, if not possible, towards hand / arm.
- Keep at least 2m from other participants during the workout.
Wishing you great workouts ahead, and see you soon!